Who is this feature for?
- Request owners and Team members with a paying Buyer account.
What is the Locking bids feature?
If you need certain parts of your request to be locked (e.g in a sealed bid), the locking feature allows you to do this. You can set locks against Line items and Vessel Pricing Sections, or by individual Documents. The Request owner and Team members with permissions to edit the Draft request can set the locks. You can set the criteria of unlocking by Bid deadline passes and/or Team member unlocks.
How do you lock a section or a document?
1. Log in to DeepStream, and open the relevant Draft request.
2. Find the relevant Section or Document. You can lock a Line items or Vessel pricing section at the top right corner of the Section. The default setting is " No lock", click on this to change it to locked.
For Documents, set the lock for individual documents by clicking on the "No lock" document at the end of the document line. Where locking is not applicable (in the case in an accept or deviation requirement) the locked feature is greyed out.
3. You can set the unlock criteria as either Bid deadline passes, and or Team member unlocks by checking the box next to them.
4. Click Save, when you are finished, or Remove lock if you change your mind. If you click Done, this will set the lock.
Things to remember
- Once a request is live, you cannot change the locked status of a bid.
- If a bid is Locked, you can find out how to unlock a bid here.
- The Audit trail will log when a Section or Document is unlocked and by whom in the case of a Team member unlocking the bid.