Who can use this feature?
- Buyers and Suppliers that have been invited to a request.
What are Document exchanges?
The platform enables Documents to be uploaded by the buyer or requested from the supplier to form an exchange. Each Document uploaded or requested from the buyer will have an action against it. The supplier will need to complete these actions in order to complete the request. These actions include: Information only, To accept, To accept or deviate, To complete/sign, To complete/sign or deviate.
How do you complete a Document exchange?
- As a Supplier, log into the platform and open the relevant Request. If you are not the bid owner, you will only be able to access and edit the Pages which you have 'Can edit' permissions for.
- Each Document in a request will have an action against it which you will need to complete. Please see below.
- Click in the Status column on the right hand side to complete an action. If you are required to complete an action the Status column will show 'Action required'. Once completed it will say 'Complete'.
- In the Document exchange window you will be able to choose your response and add a comment. The Buyer will respond in the same Document exchange window.
Document Exchange Types:
- Informational only - A document that does not require any actions from the counterparty.
- To accept - A document that requires the counterparty to accept. No ability to deviate or post stand-alone comments.
- To accept or deviate - A document that requires the counterparty to accept or offer deviations.
- To complete/sign or deviate - A document that is required to be completed and/or signed by the counterparty. Deviations on the initial form/contract can be offered the counterparty.
- To complete/sign (Locked) - A document that is required to be completed and/or signed by the counterparty. Upon submission, the document will be locked until the unlocking condition is met. Deviations cannot be offered by the counterparty.
- To complete/sign - A document that is required to be completed and/or signed by the counterparty. No ability to deviate or post stand-alone comments.
Bear in mind
- You can Undo and mark obsolete any documents you upload or action you take as part of a document exchange.
- All document exchanges will be logged in the Audit trail.
- Once a request is closed, awarded or the deadline has passed you will no longer be able to complete Document exchanges.