Who can use this feature?
- A Supplier Team member on a request who has 'Can edit' access for Messages.
What is contacting a Buyer about an ongoing request?
If you are a supplier Bid owner or Team member (with 'Can edit' access to Messages) on a request, you will be able to send and receive Clarification messages. You can use the Clarifications feature to ask the buyer any questions about the details of the request. The buyer can then respond to you on the platform. All messages will be logged in the Audit trail and can be downloaded as a .csv file.
How do I contact a Buyer about an ongoing request?
- Log in, and open the relevant request. Select the Messages tab.
- From the side panel on the left, click ? Clarifications.
- Select + New clarification on the right side of the screen. Enter a Subject and a Message for the buyer.
- Click on Open clarification. This will open a pop up window where you can add additional comments to your first message. Click the x at the top right hand of the pop up window when you have finished.
- The Buyer can then respond in the same Open Clarification.
Bear in mind
- You can open as many Clarifications as you like. We suggest opening a new Clarification for each query.
- You can still open Clarifications after a request has been closed, awarded or the deadline has passed.
- Only buyers can resolve an open Clarification or Chat message. The message in question will then be marked Resolved under the status column.
- You will not be able to attach documents in Clarifications, but you can attach documents in Chat messages.
- Only buyers can open a Chat message. You will only be able to attach documents if buyers give you permission to do so when they open a Chat message.