Who can use this feature?
- A Supplier who is invited to bid on a request. The user must have either permission to Receive requests or be a company profile administrator.
What is responding to a Request?
When a buyer invites a supplier company to a request, a supplier will need to Respond to the request in order to Send intention to bid or Decline to bid. Until a supplier has sent their intention to bid they will not be able to access the details of the request or participate in the request.
How do you respond to a request?
- Log in into the platform. Click the Requests tab at the top of your screen. Under Received, select the relevant request.
- Under the Details tab you will be able to see a topline summary of the details of the request and it's deadline for completion. Read the summary and make your decision.
- Click on the Respond button. If you would like to participate in the bid, click 'Send intention to bid' and Confirm, if you would not, click 'Decline to bid'.
- If you Send intention to bid, you will automatically be re-directed to the My bid page. From here you can begin responding to the request. The platform is live and therefore everything you upload will be updated in real time.There are no more actions if you 'Decline to bid'.
Bear in mind
- You can Withdraw bid at any time during the request. If you Withdraw bid, you can also Re-open bid whilst the request is live.
- You will not be able to respond to a bid once it has been closed, awarded or the deadline has passed.
- Only users that have been invited to a request will be able to respond to it.