We’ve recently refreshed the process of how you invite suppliers to requests. This should enable you to find and add suppliers faster and control exactly who is invited.
Adding a company
Use this option if you know the company’s name but not the exact email address of the contact you wish to invite.
- Click inside the Add a company search field
- Type the company name
- Results will show in a box beneath the field
- When you’ve found the company you need, click on it
- The company will be added to the suppliers table
If you do not find the company, choose the Send invite option to invite this company to join the platform (see further instructions below).
If you see an error saying that there are no users at the company, click the Send an invite button to invite some new users to join.
Selecting individual users
Once you’ve added companies to the suppliers table, you will see which users at each company can receive your request.
You can select or deselect individual users to control exactly who will receive your request at each company.
- Click the checkbox next to a user to select or deselect them as a recipient of the request.
- The header at the top of the suppliers table will show you how many companies and individual users you have selected
- You must select at least 1 user for each company you add to ensure your request is received.
- After selecting users, click either the Save as draft or Save & continue buttons to save your changes.
If you cannot see the user you need at a particular company, try finding them via the Add a person field (see instructions below).
Adding a person
Use this option if you have the email address of the person you wish to invite.
- Click inside the Add a company search field
- Type the full email address
(you will not see results until you have entered a valid email address)
- Results will show in a box beneath the field, showing the user’s name and company
If a user belongs to multiple companies you will see multiple results.
- When you’ve found the user you need, click on them
- The selected user’s company will be added to the supplier’s table and that user will be selected as the only recipient at their company.
- If required, select other users at the company.
If you do not find the user, choose the Send invite option to invite this user to join the platform (see further instructions below).
If a person cannot be added
There are 2 scenarios where a person cannot be added to a request.
In both cases you will see a popup explaining why the user cannot be added and any necessary steps to ensure they can be added.
You’ve already added them previously
- In this case, the user is already shown on the suppliers table at the company
- Find the user in the suppliers table and ensure they are selected.
User does not have the correct permissions
- In this case, the user belongs to the company correctly but an admin of this company has not given them the permission to receive requests.
- Contact the user directly and encourage them to ask their company admin to give them Receive requests permission via the Team Management page.
Adding companies from lists
If you’ve set up lists from the My Lists panel on the Network page you can use these as a shortcut for adding multiple companies to your request.
- Click the My Lists button
- Your lists can be selected from the left-hand panel and individual companies will show in the right-hand panel
- You can use the checkboxes to either
- Add an entire list (all companies within the list will be added)
- Select individual users within a list (only those companies you select will be added)
- The indicator at the bottom-left will show you how many companies you have selected
- When you’re finished, click the Add button and the selected companies will be added to the suppliers table
If a company or a user cannot be found, you can send them an invite to ensure they are added to the request and encourage them to sign up.
Users you invite will be added to your request preemptively and receive an email to let them know. They will have to sign up and create an account to gain access.
- Click the Send an invite button
- Enter the Email, First name and Last name for the person you wish to invite in the appropriate fields.
- Search for the company name in the Company field
- If you see the company you need, click on it to select.
- If you do not see the company you need, choose the company name you have types under Create new company
- If you want to invite more users, click the Add person button and repeat steps 2–4 as necessary.
- When you have added all the users you wish to invite, click the Continue button
- If you wish, you can edit the email message which will be sent to all invited users on your behalf to ask them to sign up.
- When you are happy with the message, click the Continue button
- Review the details of which invites will be sent. If you are satisfied everything is correct, click the Send invite button.
- You will see a message showing you the invites have been sent correctly.
- You can track the status of your invites from the Network page by clicking the … next to the Send an invite button and choosing View sent invites
If a company has been created in DeepStream but has not yet signed up, we will display an Invited badge next to the company name in the suppliers table.
Users at invited companies will still receive an email letting them know they’ve been added to your request and inviting them to sign up and create an account.
If a user has been invited to join an existing company in DeepStream but has not yet been approved by that company’s admin, we will display an Invited badge next to the user’s name in the suppliers table.
Invited users will receive an email letting them know they’ve been added to your request and inviting them to sign up and create an account if necessary.
Invited users will not be able to access your request until their company admin approves their request to join the team.
To ensure that your request can be accessed by your suppliers, you will be required to add at least 1 non-invited user to each supplier company you add.