Who is this feature for?
- Request owners with a Buyer account
What are Line items?
The Line items module is the simplest way to receive pricing requests from suppliers. The module provides Suppliers with individual data fields to be filled in for each item in the request. Buyers are then presented with an easy to manage data set which can be viewed on the platform or downloaded as a .CSV file.
How do you add Line items to a request?
1. Login and open the relevant request. Got to the Details tab. Select + Add section, choose Line items from the drop down menu.
2. Enter Title for the Line items section, and if it is a multi-stage request, choose the Stage that the section will become visible to the Supplier.
3. Under BUYER- ADDED LINE ITEMS, click + Add line items, enter a Description, the Unit and Quantity of each line item you add.
4. After entering your line items, choose the currency you'd like the prices to be submitted.
5. If it is a sealed bid, you can choose to lock (or seal) this section, and set criteria for it to be unlocked; Bid deadline passes and/or Team member unlocks.
6. Under SUPPLIER-ADDED DOCUMENTS choose whether or not to allow your Suppliers to submit additional line items as part of their bid by switching the toggle betwen YES/NO.
7. Click the Save button (see below) to save your work and to be able to add additional sections to the Page you are working on.
How do you view Line items sections once the request is live?
- Log in, and open the relevant Live request. Select the Line items tab.
- As Suppliers send their intention to bid, their name will appear in the Line items table. The table automatically collates Supplier responses across all bids.
- If a Line items section has been locked, the fields will show 'Locked' until a bid is unlocked according to the criteria specified by the Request owner.
- When rates have not been entered, fields are marked as 'Incomplete'. Supplier's overall status for Line items fields is shown at the top of the table (either 'Complete' or 'Incomplete')
- To download a summary view, select 'Download report' in the top right hand corner of the section. All data provided in the table will be included in the report and can be imported into a spreadsheet.
Things to remember
- You can add as many Line items sections as you wish to a request.
- You can add additional Line items to a request once it is live by issueing a revision.
- You can edit the different permission settings to access the Line items section under the Teams tab.
- Suppliers can enter their rates at any time before the deadline. They will not need to do this all in one go, and their work will be saved as they update their rates.
- All Supplier updates or changes to their rates will be logged in the Audit trail.