The Line items module is the most simple way to receive pricing requests from suppliers. This module will provide suppliers with individual data fields to be filled for each item. The result of this is buyers are then presented with an easy to manage data set which can be viewed on the platform or downloaded as a .CSV file.
1. Add line item sections to draft request
Add any number of sections containing line items within a request.
Within each section:
• Add any number of individual line items
• Add description and quantity for each line item
• Toggle to allow supplier to submit additional line items as part of their bid, if desired
Standard settings to control
• Which stage this section is visible in for suppliers
• Which currency suppliers should submit prices in
• Whether the submitted prices should be locked and criteria for how they are unlocked (same as document exchanges)
2. Completed line items sections in draft request
• Any number of line item sections can added to a request.
• Any number of individual line items can be added with each section.
• Line items can be added to different pages with different permissions.
• Each section can be given a unique name to group line items on the bid.
3. Completed supplier bid including line items
• Suppliers view of line items shows read-only sections with description and quantity for each item.
• Suppliers are required to enter a Cost per unit against each line item to complete their bid
• Line items sections can be used in combination with documents and any other sections
• Supplier can save work and come back to complete at a later time, as usual.
• Supplier can adjust entered rates until the bid deadline has passed. Everything is recording in the bid history.
4. Buyer comparison view of line items
• Table to collate all supplier responses across all bids automatically – no need to manually download files and copy / paste.
• Suppliers who have submitted an intention to bid will appear in this table.
• Fields will show as ‘Locked’ until a bid is unlocked according to criteria specified by the buyer when drafting a request.
• Line items are grouped according to each section added to the request
• Where rates have not been provided these are marked as ‘Incomplete’ and supplier’s overall status for line item fields is shown at the top of the table (either ‘Complete’ or ‘Incomplete’)
5. CSV download of summary view
• Download the summary table as a CSV with a single click.
• Import the downloaded CSV file into your choice of spreadsheet or evaluation software, i.e Microsoft Excel, Numbers, Google sheets, etc
• All data and statuses provided in the table are included.
• Use the CSV as the starting point for your usual comparison and evaluation process.