Who can use this feature?
- Request owners with a Buyer account
What are Line items?
The Line items module is the simplest way to receive pricing requests from suppliers. The module provides Suppliers with individual data fields to be filled in for each item in the request. Buyers are then presented with an easy to manage data set which can be viewed on the platform or downloaded as a .CSV file.
How do you add Line items to a request?
- Login and open the relevant request. Got to the Details tab. Select + Add section, and choose Line items from the drop down menu.
- Enter a Section name.
- Enter a Description and Quantity for each Line item.
- Use the toggle at the bottom of the Section to choose whether or not you would like to allow Suppliers to submit additional Line items as part of their bid.
- Select the currency you would like Suppliers to submit their prices in at the bottom of the Section box.
- Use the toggle at the bottom of the Section box to lock this section.
How do you view Line items sections once the request is live?
- Log in, and open the relevant Draft request. Select the Line items tab.
- As Suppliers send their intention to bid, their name will appear in the Line items table. The table automatically collates Supplier responses across all bids.
- If a Line items section has been locked, the fields will show 'Locked' until a bid is unlocked according to the criteria specified by the Request owner.
- When rates have not been entered, fields are marked as 'Incomplete'. Supplier's overall status for Line items fields is shown at the top of the table (either 'Complete' or 'Incomplete')
- To download a summary view, select 'Download report' in the top right hand corner of the section. All data provided in the table will be included in the report and can be imported into a spreadsheet.
Bear in mind
- You can add as many Line items sections as you wish to a request.
- You can add additional Line items to a request once it is live by issueing a revision.
- You can edit the different permission settings to access the Line items section under the Teams tab.
- Suppliers can enter their rates at any time before the deadline. They will not need to do this all in one go, and their work will be saved as they update their rates.
- All Supplier updates or changes to their rates will be logged in the Audit trail.